South Louisiana Regional Student Workshops
Wednesday, February 7, 2024
LSU Health New Orleans
Lions Eye Center Building – 6th Floor
2020 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
We are excited to offer regional student workshops in 2023!
The scheduled procedure workshop is February 7, 2024 in New Orleans, LA. This event will connect medical students, family medicine residents, and residency program staff!
The workshops offered during this event are aimed to not only introduce and allow students to practice physical examination techniques, but also to expose students to different aspects of family medicine. The area residency programs (faculty and residents in training) will lead the workshops and discuss family medicine, their training in the field and their experience practicing in a variety of settings in Louisiana.
Residency Recruitment Fair
Lion’s Eye Center Building, 6th Floor Large Lecture Room
Setup: 10:00 AM
Fair: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Lunch will be provided
Lion’s Eye Center Building, 6th Floor – Conference Rooms
Setup: 2:00 PM
Student Registration: 2:45 PM
Workshops: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Procedure Workshops Include
- Punch Biopsy – FMOLHS
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound – Lake Charles Family Medicine Residency Program
- Intubation – Bogalusa Family Medicine Residency Program
- Suture Workshop - Baton Rouge General Family Medicine Residency Program
- TBD - East Jefferson Family Medicine Residency Program
- TBD - St. Tammany Family Medicine Residency Program
Ways to Participate
- Register Online to attend the South Louisiana Regional Workshops
Who Should Attend?
- Medical students who are interested in pursuing a career in Family Medicine
For questions, please contact the LAFP office by calling (225) 923-3313.