Become a Member.
Make the most of your medical career with valuable resources.
- Physicians training in ACGME-accredited three-year FP residencies.
- Physicians training in AOA-approved rotating general or FP internships and AOA-approved general or FP residencies.
- Graduates of ACGME or AOA FP residencies immediately extending training or entering fellowships.
- Resident members may serve on committees as determined by the Board. Resident members who are appointed to serve on committees have the right to vote in such bodies but are not eligible to serve as chair.
- A resident member shall be elected to serve on the Board of Directors as described in Chapter IX of these Bylaws.
- The resident member of the Board shall have full voting privileges on the Board.
- A resident member shall be elected to serve as the resident delegate to the General Assembly, who shall have full voting privileges in the General Assembly.
- A resident member shall be elected to serve as the resident delegate to the AAFP National Conference. Otherwise, resident members shall not be entitled to hold office in the LAFP, but shall have voice in standing committees.
- May vote and have floor at Assembly. May hold constituent chapter office and national committee appointments.
Continuing Study Requirements
General Membership Information
- Applications for resident membership is approved at the national level, subject to AAFP bylaws.
- National headquarters completes enrollment. Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the LAFP chapter.
- If all membership requirements are met, membership is continued on an annual basis, unless notification is received from the member.
LAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to the LAFP chapter. The AAFP has a chapter for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
LAFP membership makes it convenient for LAFP members to access relevant information and focused resources in Louisiana. The LAFP offers local opportunities to network, mentor, volunteer, take a leadership role, and get involved in the LAFP/AAFP.