A Live Training Webinar
Presented by Keith Winfrey, MD, MPH
Friday, April 21, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
This live webinar presentation is designed to introduce clinical care teams to key policy and practice initiatives that result in improved colorectal cancer screening. A number of strategies and tools will be introduced, including essential elements of high quality screening programs, the "Evidence Based toolbox and Guide" for colorectal cancer screening, and the highly effective FluFIT/FluFOBT program resources. Click here to download the full agenda.
- Understand the evidence and rationale supporting clinical recommendations for colorectal cancer screening.
- Appreciate the critical role that primary care providers play in reducing colorectal cancer rates, and be prepared to educate patients regarding the benefits of prevention and early detection achieved through screening for colorectal cancer
- Be aware of and avoid ineffective colorectal cancer screening practices.
- Recognize common barriers to colorectal cancer screening, and utilize appropriate strategies to identify and address those barriers.
- Be familiar with the Evidence-Based Toolbox and Guide to Colorectal Cancer Screening, and incorporate tools from the Guide into their practice to increase screening rates.
To register for this webinar, click here.
This live activity is being reviewed by the AAFP and is pending for up to 1 Prescribed CME credit.
This QI initiative is provided by the American Cancer Society.